Expand to read full terms and conditions
1. Cats are boarded at owners’ risk.
2. Our rates include the suite (bedding & toys), food, heating and plenty of cuddles and treats.
3. Daily charges are inclusive of the day of arrival and departure. If for any reason you wish to collect your cat earlier than the prearranged departure the full cost of the booked stay will still apply. You may collect your cat within the cattery opening times as long as you have arranged an appointment time for collection. Appointment times are allocated on a first come first served basis. If you are not able to make your scheduled appointment time you must inform Meow Manor Cattery to reschedule.
4. To avoid disappointment early booking is advised for holiday periods that include Christmas, Easter and all local school holiday periods.
5. We have a minimum charge of 5 days from January to November. During December we have a minimum charge of 7 days. We are happy to accept stays shorter than 5 days, however, our minimum charge fee still applies.
6. For stays over 8 days we require a minimum non-refundable deposit of £20 per cat, per week / part week to secure your booking. The deposit amount will be deducted from the final amount payable.
7. For short stays up to 7 days we require the full booking charge at the point of booking to confirm your booking.
8. We require 14 days notice of cancellation before the booking date of arrival. If less than 14 days notice is given prior to your cats arrival date then the full charge for the booking will be required. Failure to pay the full booking charge will result in no future bookings at Meow Manor Cattery.
9. Only cats from the same household may board together, and with the owners’ consent. We reserve the right to separate the cats upon sights of re-occurring aggressive behaviour.
10. Please ensure that your cat is transported in a secure carrier. Collars must be removed when your cat boards with us, to reduce the risk of injury. No responsibility will be taken by us until the cat is safely inside our secure premises.
11. Payment in full for all fees incurred must be paid prior to or at the point of your cats arrival date.
12. Any cat left uncollected after 14 days, without communication from their owners, will be handed over to an animal re-homing centre at our discretion.
13. We aim to feed your cat a diet of quality wet and dry food that they are familiar with in line with your requirements, and at the times you would normally feed them. There are no deductions if clients wish to bring their own food. Please highlight any special dietary needs prior to boarding.
14. We are more than happy to groom your cat during its stay as long as the cat is happy for us to do so, please provide your own brush if you wish for us to do so.
15. Cats will not be released to anyone other than their owners without prior agreement.
16. During busy periods your cat(s) may be required to temporarily be held in an overflow unit on the day of departure only.
17. All belongings are left at the owner’s risk. Any items left unclaimed by owners after two weeks will be disposed of.
18. We are currently only able to accept payments by cash or bank transfer.
19. We have permission to contact you via the provided email address or phone number regarding appointments and your cat(s) stay.
HEALTH AND VACCINATIONS
20. Vaccination cards must be up to date and given to Meow Manor Cattery upon arrival and kept for the duration of your cat(‘s) stay. Failure to do so will result in refusal of stay and full cost of stay will be required.
21. Cats will be accepted into our care on the understanding that they are in good health, treated for fleas and worms at least 2 weeks prior to arrival. Any animal showing signs of either will result in refusal of stay and full cost of stay will be required.
22. We are happy to administer medication (not injections), and this must be clearly labelled and administration instructions must be provided. We reserve the right to refuse to give medication and/or treatments if we are not notified before arrival or if the cat is unwilling to take the medication and presents a risk of injury or additional stress to the cat. Owners are required to provide sufficient medication for the duration of the booking (with some extra in case of delays etc).
23. We are unable to board un-neutered male cats over the age of 7 months.
24. If your cat shows signs of illness whilst in our care, we reserve the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon. Any costs incurred over and above that covered by our insurance for this treatment will be the full responsibility of the owner. These ‘costs’ include the transportation to and from the veterinary clinic. A charge of £10 per hour will be incurred to cover attendance and travel, plus mileage charge and any veterinary charges.